Monday 11 March 2013

Pair journal- Sami and Lou

Hi! Lou and I have joined up to do pair journals. I forgot to take photos of my book before sending it to Lou, but here are photos of Lou's journal before I send it back to her.

 Lou had done the beautiful colours on this page and I added the Buddha head and the texture paste circles.

 I added a photocopy of a jellyfish i drew a while ago and some circles to Lou's background

 Lou had done the purple background and the lovely tissue heart in the centre. I added the wings and some stars and stamped some text with white ink

 I added the angel and the ivy leaves and the inked pink flowers to this page

 I added the fortune cookie label, the tree in a circle and scribbled around Lou's collaged circles. I added a bit of orange through some sequin waste as well

 I loved this page, the dancing girls that Lou had stamped reminded me of May day so i added a may pole and some stamped bunting/flags to the edges and a little fairyland ticket.

 This hand image that Lou had done was beautiful so i didn't want to add to much. I just doodled some gold in the corner and added a stamp and some stamped text, some paint through a stencil and a collaged bit of a gelli print to the opposite page.





To finish off this round I started some more background pages for Lou to add to.
I think this is going to be a great collaboration and I loved working on Lou's pages!
Sami x

6 comments:

  1. Loving all your additions Sami, look forward to getting my hands on it again. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work - loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is looking SO fantastic already, hard to believe it has only just started out. I especially love the henna hand stencil, the maypole and the doodled feather. Making me feel super guilty that I am so behind in mine and Shirley's pair journal, must catch up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabuloso colours and stamping, it is looking beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. That feather is doodled? It's gorgeous. I'm loving these pages - your styles compliment each other so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! I never saw this site of yours before, Jez. Amazing things happening here. i love all the examples of mail art and journal pages you are showing. i haven't tried mail art yet because I am a procrastinator and when it is time to send something out...It Is Time! Maybe after my 3 week break from art to be at a family reunion, I will try to pre-decorate some envelopes with mail art! I am curious as to how the fabric one with raised pieces came through the mail???!!!

    ReplyDelete