Tuesday 26 March 2013

Pair Journal Rebecca and Sonja

This post has been an epic as I have been fighting with Blogger and my photos for ages. I was in a rush to post the journal and I took my photos upside down as the light wasn't great. Now it's not normally an issue. I just rotate them in Picasa, save them and then upload them but for some reason Blogger is rotating them back much to my annoyance. My DH eventually cracked it for me so thanks to him.

Rebecca and I are swapping journals and I currently have her one here with me and I'm working away on the pages. Once I got started I was fine but it was a bit intimidating at first to actually start work on someone else's pages.
This is my cover.



This page is a stencil with texture paste, inside of an envelope with washi tape and a Hambly rub-on.


Adirondack paints and some paper glued down then coated with gesso for texture.


Some vintage pages with watered down Liquitex paints.


The remains of a Jenni Bowlin alpha with an image I had from a magazine.


More vintage papers as well as some 7 Gypsies tissue paper covered with stencils and a mix of Adirondack inks and Dylusions.


Final page is some She Art papers I had.


I currently have Rebecca's journal and I'll post some photos of what I've done to it when it's finished.

Sonja.x

3 comments:

  1. Looking great already, I love the cardboard covers and the page with the stencilled alpha on the left and the envelope innards on the right especially

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha Sonja - those pages don't look the same anymore. Will blog the changes at the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful!!!!!!! I love journaling. :D Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete