Saturday 9 March 2013

DONNA AND VIRGINIA'S PAIRS JOURNAL AN UPDATE

Over the last few months Donna and I have managed to have both journals at the same time (don't ask me how we managed it I can't remember) anyway, when they arrived back recently I promised myself that I would work between the two and then split them up (they sound like naughty school children don't they).  However, despite the promise to myself once I got started on Donna's journal that was it I couldn't stop.  So I've decided what I'll do is now send it on its way back to Donna (when she's ready as we've recently been having posting issues) and then spend time on mine therefore splitting them up!

Here are the latest additions to this book sculpture!

3 dimensional additions to the flowers page.
 Scene of a beach behind an aperture
 The love spoon peel off (which in hind sight I wasn't sure what had possessed me to add it this page  when I last had the journal) looks much better as a mere outline don't you agree?
Then I got the sewing machine out because within the book Donna had included two fabric sample swatches, so I stamped an image onto canvas, coloured the same in and stitched to the tag and then added a gold leaf and some bead work before reattaching.
Then on the next fabric swatch, I stamped another image onto canvas, again coloured the same in using inktense pencils and then stitched it the tag using some quilting stitches that my machine does (I always forget it's got a few 'quirky' stitches on it).
Then at the bottom I added some knitted fabric and ribbon that I'd received from a friend, all gathered up and stitched with another quilting stitch, I had so much fun with my machine!
 The next page is actually the first one I did when the journal returned, within the book Donna had secured two flying pig images, I prized them off and attached to a gelli print I'd made, reattached along with other images and quotes that I'd got and then just oil based pastels to highlight the images.  I think this is one of my favourites.
Paint left over so 'coloured' in the background around the Union flag and the stamp on the bottom right corner oh and added two sock puppet pictures (near my finger the close up photo I took wasn't so great so these will have to do).
 Next up a fantastic page Donna has done, all textured and the colours are fabulous, so I added a torn image with gold staples plus the word Hideaways
 A scrap of gelli plate printing added on the left hand side of the page.  This was a page when I did it on the gelli plate that I was none too keen on but discovered chopping it up it actually works quite well!
 And another quote on the other page.
 Using up paint 'colouring in' next to this picture
 Adding black and white images and texts to an already started page
 Adding two black and white images to this page, I'm wondering if Donna will continue to add black and white to it and it become a black and white collage?
 And here is the book sculpture unfastened from above!
 Fastened?  The extensions Donna has had to provide show how magical this book has become
Unfastened it springs open with one of those 'my jeans are too tight - ahhhhhhhhhh now I've undone my button' moments!
 Another shot from above.
So there you have it peeps another addition to this book, I'm waiting to hear back from Donna and then it will be on it's merry way.

7 comments:

  1. ah - that;s my book!!!!! I adore it, send away - just post normal - do NOT worry about it not being signed for, I have faith in Karma

    dxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and the finger puppets I love - reminds me of South Park and very B movies
    ... thank you soooo much dxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome I saw them and thought they would fit with the book so well, it's getting to that 'tiny' detail point which is fabulous!

      Delete
  3. that is one interesting journal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I drooooool over this journal more every time I see it! I especially love the fabric pages this time around, and that wonderful page with the piggies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is looking fantastic, i want to touch it!!! It's so inspiring ladies! x

    ReplyDelete