Friday, 30 November 2012

Christmas Sardine Tin Finale

The Christmas sardine tin swap with Lou and Sherry has finished and I enjoyed it so much. It was really inspirational and I have already thought of more ideas for more tins. These are the final layers for Sherry's tin which is now home. Apologies for the photos but the light is just rubbish just now. It rained all last weekend. I added a flying angel to the back of the scene Lou had created. I used my other deer for the front of the tin. I coated it with Distress Rock Candy and then rubbed silver Adirondack paint into it for the effect.
I made a hanger from beading wire and some snowflake brads I found in my stash. I also coated the wings with white microbeads left over from cross stitch projects. The blue beads were wired and then glued to the edge as they were a bit fiddly.
I also deepened the colour of back the tin using some Liquetex paint I had and then edged it with some sticky lace tape I have for the final tweek. I hope Sherry liked it and I love how the tins are all so different in style. Roll on the next swap.
My tin arrived home from Lou and it's just stunning. I borrowed her photo as it is so much better than mine. It's like a little shrine to Christmas and a great start to the season. Thank you both ladies for your fabulous work.


  1. Thank you again Sonja - and Lou, I love my tin which is already hanging up. They all turned out so lovely x

  2. Such a pretty winter scene, glad you all had fun with this collaboration

  3. Love the finished tin, very frosty looking.

    L x