Friday 23 November 2012

Introducing ... Rebecca

Hi everyone.

I'm Rebecca, sometimes known as Bex, and can be found on UKScrappers as scrap3d (although it's been a while now since I've done any scrapping!). I live in France with my soulmate and our daughters, although that may be changing to Switzerland next year. I know some of you already and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone else.

A little bit about my background. I loved art as a kid (I passed my art A level at 16 as I couldn't wait until 18 to take it!) and briefly entertained the thought of going to art school. For various personal reasons it was not to be, I went to study psychology instead and didn't do anything artistic for many years.

In the last few years I have slowly eased myself back into arty endeavours. I've come to love altering things and I have just started to embrace art journaling, although I am still very new to it. I've also found that I love doing things for other people - the challenge of making something out of my normal comfort zone has, I think, improved my work a lot.

Here are some bits and bobs that I have made.

Shakespeare themed domino book
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Romeo and Juliet

Art Journal Pages
How do I feel today?
So much to do ...

Chunky ATCs
Frida Kahlo Shrine
Halloween Witches

Altered Matchbox
Steampunk Fairy Shrine
The Reverse

I hope that's given you a flavour of what I do and I look forward to working with such a fabulously talented group of people.

Cheers for now - Bex x

8 comments:

  1. Such stunning work,love your "little tasters"welcome aboard xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and welcome Bex. I love your altered items and journal pages x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to welcome you here Bex, the projects you have shared with us are stunning. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome :-) Your projects are stunning. I'm drooling and wondering about hunting my stash for dominoes. Very inspirational and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohooo ... lookee who's here :D *jumps up and down, waving like a mad woman* lol welcome, looking forward to seeing some of your work - oh, I am the lucky recipient of some of it already :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bex, welcome! Loving your work, especially the little Shakespeare domino book- gorgeus!

    ReplyDelete