Sunday 11 November 2012

Christmas Sardine Tin - Lou Stage 2

This is step two of Lou's sardine can that is now ready to post Monday after I had a senior blip and lost Sherry's postal address. This is what I got in the mail and the colour was lovely very burnished gold and vintage.
I keep various odds and ends that catch my eye and I had two deer from a christmas card I liked one year that had been waiting for that right something to come along. I used one of the deer while the other is actually heading for Sherry's tin that is half done already after arriving yesterday. I coated the base with texture paste and sequin waste and the used a Stampin Up shimmer paint when it was dry. The angel is from Lisa's Altered Art and I printed her out on cardstock so she was sturdy and could be mounted at the front of the tin. There was some cotton wool for the snowy effect. I also wrapped the tin with twine and then glued down some microbeads from my cross stitch stash. The wood veneer trees are Studio Calico embossed with some Blonde Moments UTEE.
I have really enjoyed this swap but stopping is an issue so there is something left for the other participants. I've got a Halloween tin on my mind just now as I've found the tins really inspiring. Sonja.x

5 comments:

  1. I'm the original "Bah Humbug" lady, I'm no big fan of Christmas, but this is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fab, love the beads around the edge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great, I love what you did with the angel at the front. My mind's buzzing now ... for the next step! Looking forward to seeing it for real x

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is gorgeous, these tins are really amazing
    dx

    ReplyDelete