Wednesday 28 November 2012

DESERT ISLAND DISKS - PAT'S BOOK

Evening all, just completed the first entry into Pat's book and what a beautiful book it is too.  Thankfully the book is removable from it's gorgeous covers.  I looked through Pat's selection of songs and had a listen and decided on Whitney's Where do Broken Hearts go as the song track.  Here is my take on the track
I've intentionally left the papers going over the edge of the pages, as the cover is somewhat bigger than the inner pages.  I've painted and inked, used black tissue paper to create the crack down the centre and hand stitched the stitches with grey embroidery thread.

Pat I hope you like it.

4 comments:

  1. Great entry. I like the way you have let the background escape the confines of the underlying page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, love the raggedy edge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing this page and journal in real life. Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so far so good - what is interesting about this is how the original is added to - so exciting

    ReplyDelete