Sunday 3 February 2013

Sherry's DIDCJ- Don't Stop Me Now

I have had another fabric CJ this month from the Desert island Discs CJ and it has been a learning curve trying to get good techniques to use on the pages. I chose the song "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen as the inspiration for this page for Sherry's CJ. I had the image from the Virgin Atlantic planes with the glamour girl on the side in my head. I found a Vargas girl image that looks a lot like the Virgin girls and I experimented with image transfer from acetate to Claudine's canvas. My first attempt wasn't great the image blurred and I think I was probably too heavy handed with the Mod Podge. I then tried some Satin Glaze from PaperArtsy after seeing this Youtube tutorial and it worked really well. The base is Liquetex paint on the canvas and it spread really well and coloured the canvas just right for the sky background I was aiming for. I stamped the Studio Calico clouds using Hero Arts Neon Blue ink and then stitched around some of them with grey thread. I got a new stencil that I used with some texture paste to give the effect of the clouds raining. The wave stamp is an Art Warehouse one.


Part of the theme for this CJ is collaboration and so far I have been too hesitant to alter or add to anyone else's page as I have had to work harder at the fabric CJs than I normally have to with the paper. I did decide to dip my toe in the water though and add a little stamping to Sarah's and Sherry's pages. For Sherry's I used a Studio Calico chevron stamp and some Cranberry Adirondack ink to edge the borders. I am pleased with how it turned out and think it has added to the page rather than detracting.


For Sarah's I added a PaperArtsy map relief stamp along the base of the page using black Stazon.


I am finally getting to grips with fabric as well and learnt some new techniques this month so I'm pleased with the pages. I enjoy the challenge each month of having to think creatively and produce a page for the various CJs as they arrive. TFLx.

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous page and fabulous add ons to the other pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh it looks great! So uplifting - literally! I like what you did to the other pages too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you - they are fabulous working with fabric can be interesting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love the fabric page you have done, and the explaination for how you did everything is really useful. You did a great job with adding to the other pages too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I commented over on your own blog already, so you know how much I love both your page and those cool contour lines you added to mine - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing additions and love what you did with your very own page. dx

    ReplyDelete