Saturday 23 February 2013

Paired journals (Darcy and Clare)

Here are the first photos of the paired journal swap taking place between myself (Darcy) and Clare.

The 2 signatures, made by Clare are just held together with cord for now. We plan to make several signatures, I shall make the next set, and then once we have a few completed we will take off the cord and bind them into books.

We decided to exchange signatures rather than full books, to make the packages lighter and cheaper, plus this way we can use all kinds of different papers in each signature.

So here are the 2 that just arrived from Clare.


The same but slightly different..


with the start of backgrounds and decorative gilding..


No idea yet what I will add to them, but I am looking forward to playing in them both. 

5 comments:

  1. yay Darcy and Clare - whatever happens it will be stunning, dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great and such a good idea to make the signitures to send through the post rather than the whole book x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sam, what a great idea to start off just sending signatures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Sam, what a great idea to start off just sending signatures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see where these go - love that gold leaf bit

    ReplyDelete