Friday 1 February 2013

Desert Island Discs CJ - Sonja

This is my entry for Sonja's Desert Island Disc CJ.  There were a couple of songs I would have liked to do but finally settled on Your Song by Elton John.  Sonja's notes say she remembers this song from Christmas time a while back and that she was heavily pregnant at the time.  It is also her son's song as she played it a lot when he was born.  I tried to draw a mother and baby but it was hopeless, so I had to resort to the trusty internet I'm afraid.  I found a perfect picture, it had a wintery background which can be seen through the mum and baby.  I coloured this in with a mix of watercolour pencils, neocolors and skin tone pastels. The background is neocolor II, sprayed with pearl cosmic shimmer, acrylic paint snowflakes and a tissue paper 'tree' -  I also added a line from the song, printed onto Safmat then stuck on.  Hope it is ok.  For the previous entries in the CJ - I didn't add to Sonja's but I added embossed stars to Nigel's.


7 comments:

  1. That's great! I love the texture and the tones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous, I love the colour scheme it feels all wintry in colours - most apt for the journal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous Karen, love the picture of mother and baby it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, love the picture of the mother and baby and the colours you have used x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous image of the mama and baby. And I love your tissue paper tree

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful page for a beautiful song, dx

    ReplyDelete