Tuesday 11 September 2012

HELLO FROM JEZ

Hi everybody

I'm so pleased to have been accepted into this group, even though I feel like a beginner at school again.  Everyone's work is so great and so inspiring.

I'm Jez, and my blog is   http://jezartjournal.blogspot.com, which I call Butterfly Mind because it suits my mind these days as I flit from one idea, style or experiment to another.

I reckon I must be the oldest member at 77, but I hope that won't put anyone off collaborating with me.




I am, of course, retired and enjoying retirement and old age as much as any other time in my life.  I gave up selling my work some time ago, and now paint and collage and blog simply for my own enjoyment and to experiment with new techniques.  I never realised how much fun blogging would add to my life, and I treasure all the lovely people I have 'met' through the blog.

I love painting postcards and sending them to friends, and look forward to doing a postcard swap.


The children with clock faces, all at different times, is my favourite postcard.  No wonder they're late for meals.


I'd love a ride on the back of a Harley, but the idea doesn't go down well at home.


A couple of weeks ago I made a little series of cat postcards like these:



The next one is just an experimental journal page in acrylic:


and finally, a journal page including a little collage:


Looking forward to getting involved,  Jez




9 comments:

  1. hello there and welcome I really love your quirky sense of humour on the cards especially teh kids one with clock faces..I can relate to that one with 3 young sons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jez! I really love your style... and your sense of humour! I may have to start joining in these mail swaps :D Off to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jez, love the figurative experiment with acrylics, the cats are fab too, welcome to the group,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome aboard Jez - loving your work - and the bowler hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi and welcome from another newbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi and welcome from me - your work is great (and your sense of humour) Hope to see more of your work in the future

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello JEZ!!! These are wonderful!! i absolutely LOVE your figurative painting - the one in blue. And your cat paintings are great too. You have a fabulous sense of humor. So glad our paths crossed... xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome! Love your style and your sense of humour! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jez! Welcome to the group and nice art!

    ReplyDelete