Thursday 12 July 2012

D&V Auditors smauditors, let's paint away the blues

Donna Louise Rodgers here:  the whole ethos of the donna / virginia (D&V) collaboration was about the fact that an art hour a day keeps the blues away - I know that V is having a hard time of it at the moment,  and I hit the blues whenever I have to go back to work having had time off doing art/crafts,

so my hour on V's book has lifted my spirits and I hope these images from the work I did for this round, will also lift hers...more layers and a started background...






 this last one was  done start to finish and only added to support the work I did on the back but actually I like this side more!!!!

I'm putting together a stash bag to send with the book,  A few odds and ends I picked up in Ljublijana, I hope it cheers Virginia up after having the auditors in (having to go through annual external audit V has my absolute understanding of what a hard few weeks it must have been).

dx

8 comments:

  1. Oh Donna it looks absolutely fantastic I'll get around to photographing yours later (fingers crossed), it's been a testing few weeks, work is always mad but this has been far worse than we've had to endure previously! I'll pop a post together to show you the additions to your book Donna over the weekend - biggest hugs for making my book look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. like all the layering and that unusual 1960s looking stamp

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pages are looking amazing! Nice to see Queen Viv :) Are they your new stamps there towards the end? they are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes indeedy they are my new face stamps - it has been an amazing weekend launching them with Jennie...she used then in an altered book class on Saturday and it is really mind blowing to see how other people use the images!

      Next I must do some punk ones in honour of Queen Viv, also I am finishing the sketches for some Klimtesque stuff that has been sitting in my art journal begging to be converted to rubber (so to speak).. but it does take ages to get them right for rubber stamp images....

      dx

      Delete
  4. Really loving these pages and those stamps are brilliant.
    Having just been to Vienna and seen 'The Kiss' plus lots of other works by Klimt I am so looking forward to seeing your stamps when they are hot off the press!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Punk rock stamps sound right up my street - look forward to seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how this journal is developing, fantastic pages, great stamps to and your own design?? I really like the page with the little button on x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jennie Boxall at 'the artistic stamper' uses my designs,

      Delete