Monday 27 August 2012

Pass the painting 4?

First off, apologies for the delay with this,
I've had to deal with some personal issues that have completely overtaken any artwork.
Thankfully I'm now on the track to recovery,
so normal service is about to be resumed.

When this arrived it spoke to me.
It said "Marie-Antionette said let them eat cake".
But actually she said "Qu’ils mangent de la brioche".
Well she would, wouldn't she, 'cos she was French. 
Although it seems that she never really said it, but why let the facts get in the way?


I'll get this in the post tomorrow and will try to keep up in future.

5 comments:

  1. Love this painting. The number effect at the bottom is great. Glad you're on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that ,is it a card or a collage?
    Life gets so complicated sometimes I often feel I've lost the plot. I just keep trying as in the end something usually works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you have been poorly Nigel. Glad to hear you are on the mend. The canvas looks great. I am so enjoying seeing them evolve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a break, loving Marie

    ReplyDelete