Monday 31 December 2012

A Page for Virginia's Desert Island Discs CJ


Well, you can see which song I chose!
Dude Looks Like A Lady.

I knew the song, but didn't know the background
which apparently goes like this -

The song is about Vince Neil of Motley Crue.
Steven Tyler (frontman of Aerosmith)
saw Vince at a bar and said 
"hey - that dude looks like a lady!"
- the rest of the band started laughing and then
Steven Tyler had the idea to write a song about it.

I lifted some images of Vince Neil from Google
to use on the page.


I used leather (for the hearts), lace scraps
and sari ribbon.  Spray inks and masking.

Hope you like it Virginia!

I'll be posting the journal on Wednesday.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love it - it's fantastic and I didn't know the background to the song either! Thank You for such a fabulous addition to my journal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ace, I didn't know it was about Vince Neil either, this CJ is educational :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent page - I always wondered what the story was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Received this extremely well-packaged CJ today :) may be a bit of a delay in getting started as I'm due to have surgery next week :)

    ReplyDelete