Saturday 10 October 2015

Alice in Wonderland - A Tunnel Book

A while ago you may you remember that I was part of the Collaborart group and we created some amazing work together, collaboratively, it was the brain child of Sarah and after the initial flourish fell into sporadic postings.  Sarah took the difficult decision of mothballing the outfit as an interim measure until recently, when she asked those of us still in contact through facebook to do another project as a one off.  

We had a discussion about what we could do and I put forward the idea of a Tunnel book, so we were split into two groups and asked to get outselves a children's board book, cut the 'tunnel' through the book, do our first page and send through the group.

Mine has recently returned and I'm so pleased with it that I decided it warranted a full blog post. 

My subject - Alice in Wonderland - not a very original idea as Alice in Wonderland and tunnel books are a well known mixture, but it is one of my favourites - so I couldn't resist! Here is my book in it's entirety! 














It's taken a little time to complete as the final page (the lock key) and the back page which had the invite and pink but that was all needed some final work. 

I complete the lock page yesterday and the final additions to the back page this morning. 

Just to give you a feel for the other books I was involved in - these are my additions to the other books

The first to pass through my hands was one based on Edgar Allen Poe - I was overwhelmed by how gorgeous it was before I added to it


The page on the right is mine


 And the other side of the page, before I sent it on it's merry way.


The next one was Arabian Nights, my is the 'peeping' female with all the fringing.  I loved seeing how the tunnel was filling up as it were. 


 And here is my double page as it left my hands


The final book to cross my path was a Terry Pratchett inspired book.  I was so pleased as there were two Terry Pratchett books going around the other group. 



 The book already had several pages done but there were still a few to go, I asked the recipient if she wanted me to finish it off (meaning more than 1 double page as it were) and she said if I had the time feel free - so here are the remaining pages in the book created by yours truly! 

 


And a close up of Detritus as I loved him so much! 


1 comment: